Saturday 8 March 2014

A Happy Update


It is Pompii's 60th Birthday soon. He's the yellow thread bare bear. 
He was restored about 20 years ago and is starting to sag a bit in places, just like me.

Well I have some wonderful and unexpected news. Seems the diagnosis of Pituitary Cancer was not correct. I can't tell you how much this has meant to me. I am not at all cross that the Dr got it wrong!!!!!

To give him credit the original MRI and CT scans showed a large tennis ball sized mass and this obscured the Pituitary Gland. The latest MRI was more detailed and included a session with a contrast injected into me. 

So what is this mass? Well it is called a  Sphenoid sinus mucocele. This is the sinus at the back of my nose. There is a video of the operation on You Tube but its pretty gross so I'll spare you that. My understanding is that it is a mass of mucus or other matter, could be an infection that has not emptied from the sinus. Now I am awaiting an operation.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and support. My neighbours, Church groups and friends have all been wonderful too.

Onwards and upwards in life I go.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Pompii when it arrives.

    Such good news about your health--hope all goes well when you have the operation

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are all read and appreciated. Hope you will forgive me if I miss commenting on your comment, I will be busy doing art :-) x Joan