Tuesday 24 September 2013

On My Work Bench Today - Brooches

After a mammoth sewing session I have made 27 brooches.


 Some of Sidekick Molly. Front is the plain area from a vintage tablecloth.


Some of Little Jumping Joan - with attitude - she does not like having to do Recitations!
Back is vintage fabric and brooch pin held on by the new labels.


 Some snazzy new labels printed onto inkjet canvas paper, using an old typewriter font. Showing in the middle back of pic.


They come in several zingy colours. Each has a verse of poetry or nursery rhyme again from old boks.
Mounted on a card, with modern paper, then into a cello' bag. Nice and easy to display and keep the fabric brooch clean.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Joan they are really lovely. Hope you do well with them....xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working with fabric for your altered art is absolutely allowed, Miss Mad Bird, and thank you for showing it at Three Muses and making me totally jealous. I always wanted to sew but never got up the courage.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are all read and appreciated. Hope you will forgive me if I miss commenting on your comment, I will be busy doing art :-) x Joan