Saturday 11 August 2012

Pen & Watercolour, New buys at the Boot Fair

Wanted to do some watercolour work so last few days I have been sketching some of the 1930's fashion pictures from my magazine collection. They are just quick on Daler Rowney Langton Hot Press paper. It's very smooth and dries real quick. So you can do several in a short time.




The next one is a sketch of a photograph I took of Flip playing with the vintage Snakes & Ladders. Teddy needs a bit more definition, again this is a quick sketch. I had great fun with these and plan to do some more. All fit 8x6 openings and the mounts go in 12x10 frames. Faber Castell Pitt Artists Pens and Winsor & Newton Artists Watercolours.


We had a new boot fair about a mile away from mine. I did not have a stall but went along for a look round. Best bargain was a plastic box full of blocks,wooden, plaster and composite of some sort in many shapes and sizes.

There was even a vintage lead elephant. I know he's lead because you can draw with him on paper, I tried him out.

Unopened set of craft knives, always handy.


This is a metal ornament but I am going to use it a s a stencil, pretty huh?



Lastly a bag of lace, sure to come in useful somewhere.


I spent only £7.50 but worst I dithered on a pasta machine, went back and it had gone, silly me.

My prize arrived from Simply Homemade, more about that in the next blog.


2 comments:

  1. Your drawings are just lovely.....xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta Linda when are we going to get to see some of yours xJ

      Delete

Your comments are all read and appreciated. Hope you will forgive me if I miss commenting on your comment, I will be busy doing art :-) x Joan