Saturday 7 April 2012

Busy Busy Busy

Today I have put a lot of time into tidying up the downstairs of the house, washing bedding, polishing and hoovering - friend due round on Thursday and it was a real pigsty here :-)

Working on some more boxes these are baby themed - All original images, old toys or hand made by me.

Female, feline close ups follow.


Male, choo choo train.







Exterior is old knitting patterns, torn up and stuck on. They were really old USA patterns no chance of matching the tensions or getting the yarns either. So I have just kept the pictures for design ideas. Not finished yet, I have to work on several at once or I am waiting for stuff to stick and dry - boring yawn.

Two more hanging on the meat hooks on the curtain rail - I knew I put that curtain rail up for a good reason, it makes an excellent drying line for art! Two have finished drying their icing of Crackle Medium - Golden stuff, not impressed with it, it is crumbly and unstable, much cheaper and better to use powdered filler (spackle).  Here they are.


Then I am working on a mosaic in the barn, can't do that indoors all those chips of china. This is made from cracked or broken china from my Ebay stock. Just a rough lay out using big bits, they will be chopped smaller and I have some fun items to add as well. Its a garden as all the china had flowers on it!


This is my very messy work space, I can not work and be tidy, the ideas just do not come if I am spick and span.

Finally I have just finished the items for my pigeon hole at Slack Space. Two boxes and one frame, tinfoil and junk.


That was a long post - hope you stuck it out to the end!!

10 comments:

  1. Old knitting patterns ? *ears prick up* Loving your work Joan, where do you sell it? I cannot create in a tidy environment either, the chaos matches my brain at it's most creative.
    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunny Ears??? Yes I have a lot, these were from USA, got some old StitchCrafts 1950's as well. I sell in a shop in Chelmsford, Essex and at local craft fairs, friends but not on line. Have tried and failed at that! People seem to need to touch and look at my things and find out the story behind the item. My brain is chaotic too!

      Delete
  2. Loving the mosaic !!! x Happy Easter Joan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your work space/table looks like mine! I know what you mean, if mine is all cleaned up the ideas don't flow as well either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwh, those boxes are so cute. Love all the other bits too. Very inspiring. Hope you had a super Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Had a fab time seeing Granddaughter. Stuck on boxes need some perspex cut. X J

      Delete
  5. Really cute boxes Joan, I love the animals!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are all read and appreciated. Hope you will forgive me if I miss commenting on your comment, I will be busy doing art :-) x Joan