Wednesday 28 March 2012

Old Bench Current Obsession

Yesterday Molly and I went on our walk and I remembered to take the camera. Here's a selection of the pictures.

The very interesting flaky and rusty bench.



A hole in the bench allows you to see the grass, just like a tiny window to another world.




I am getting the hang of the new camera. I may have stopped pining for my old one!!!


Molly and the Bench


Close up of Molly

The first saxifrage flower.



A wonderful beech tree, it was once pollarded, but has now been allowed to grow. Its about 70 foot high.

I've just finished reading "That's the Way I See It" by David Hockney. This is worth a read, it's an early book and contains a lot of his thought processes on art. I got a lot out of this book. I hope his ideas may creep into my art. 

3 comments:

  1. The beauty to be found in the aged and crumbling is breathtaking if you just look closely, and this applies to people too.( I know this as I am a nurse) Your dog looks an absolute sweetie too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so true, Molly is a sweetie she's also a Pat dog at a seniors coffee morning. They all love her.

      Delete
    2. Love them, love them, love them.. xxx

      Delete

Your comments are all read and appreciated. Hope you will forgive me if I miss commenting on your comment, I will be busy doing art :-) x Joan