Wednesday 18 January 2012

Painting Drawing a Day

Well it's been a while since I did any art. So have given myself a good talking to and decided the only way is discipline. What has worked before when in the art doldrums is to make myself do some art. Every day for 30 days.

Day one is the mirror, day 2 below.

Yesterday I started on renovating a mirror, took it apart, sanded frame and did the acrylic paint finish. That is now drying. Today I am in my most uncomfortable zone, water colour and drawing. Above is the result. Its an amalgamation of three pictures from 1960's children's annuals. Drawn with a Pitt fine pen and then painted.

Now off to primp myself as I am going to visit my Granddaughter this afternoon.

Thank you in advance for your comments. I still can not post replies or make comments on my friends blogs. I've tried two browsers, darn computers.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post. :)

    When logging into Blogger, make sure you have the 'stay signed in' box UNTICKED. This caused me endless log in problems a few months back.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Joan !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks Andrea, that's a good tip. But I've now got onto Firefox and that's working, so far...............

    Cheers Cherry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so glad that you've got back into your artists seat.. Art is the best therapy in the world.. I've got the badge as you know!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are all read and appreciated. Hope you will forgive me if I miss commenting on your comment, I will be busy doing art :-) x Joan