Monday 19 July 2010

Greater London




This is the sun painting from a previous post. I just hated it far too predictive so it got collaged over. Why does that happen with some of my work?

At an auction 2 years ago I bought boxes and boxes of these old engravings. Some I sold but these I kept. They are all from 1830-1870's Newspapers or books. AND I did not cut up the originals that was done prior to my getting them. This is the second one of these collages I have done, first one was given to a friend. I hope to do a series of them. One thing I need to do is attach opera or a magnifying glass. Then you can really see the detail. Plus it will be quirky.

There are small adverts, bankruptcies, just like we have now! Nothing much changes.

1 comment:

  1. Really interesting !! looks good too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are all read and appreciated. Hope you will forgive me if I miss commenting on your comment, I will be busy doing art :-) x Joan